Friday, September 25, 2020

Are you getting the right tape?

This year I have learned a whole lot about different items.  The change in our company and in my family life has taught me that there is a whole lot of things, that I don't know.  My company moved into a new location and my family moved from an apartment to a house for the first time.  This had taken me on a journey of learning how to do things and how some small items end up being the most important and time-saving.  It really has been a fun experience this year and it turns out that having the right tape is truly important and can help save lots of time in certain situations. 

 


What I found was that having things on hand was more important than not having them.  I have been on many projects where I simply needed something and it takes an hour to go to the store and back or it takes two days to ship from online.  Those time frames in some cases can cause a catastrophe or simply waste a lot of money which is my time. This led me to learn how to buy lots of tape at a discount.  Moving into a home that needed tons of work meant that I made lots of trips to big box stores for small items wasting so much time.  What I learned from work as that I could order all these items from a big packaging supplies store and save tons of money and time. 

 


That is exactly what I did.  If you think about all the types of tape you need at home then you will end up with 3 to 4 types and maybe even more that you use on a consistent basis.  If you buy all of those in single rolls the cost adds up quickly if you think about how many rolls you use during a year.  For my family, we were remodeling a house and that number tripled or more.  So we ended up shopping in bulk from a packaging supplies store that had bulk pricing and discounts for large quantities and large was not really that much.  So we ended up saving 30% or more on buying it all at once from this type of store.  It did take longer on shipping than amazon but for a 30% cost savings the few extra days were worth it and now we have tape for the whole year.  The storage cost for our home is really zero so the bulk of having one box loaded in our garage is totally worth it.

 


Now getting into the specifics the best thing to have on hand is packing tape and also duct tape.  These are the two most important tapes to use to fix most issues where the tape is needed.  If you need to package up a box to ship or to store your goods, then either of these tapes will work.  If you are doing any kind of ductwork rather in or under your house the duct tape is amazing for holding things tightly especially if you have to screw into the aluminum or plastic ducts to hold on pipes.  I found it priceless to have it handy and right on me without having to go out and buy some to finish a project.  I hope this little tip of bulk pricing helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Magnificient and Economical Ways to Make Your Packaging Stand Out

A customer sees the packaging first when he/she receives the order at the doorstep. Being a business, you think that if the article is nice,...